Role and Responsibilities:
– Apply your knowledge of best practice, codes of practice and current regulations in the social care sector and ensure the provision of a high quality and socially inclusive service
– Manage and co-produce support plans and contribute to support reviews
– Assist Service Managers and Team Leaders with service referrals and staff interviewing & selection procedures
– Take on the role of shift leader in the absence of the Service Manager
– Assist in managing a team of Support Workers by reviewing the delivery of support and ensure staff are following the correct policy and procedures.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
– Previous experience in a care setting
– Commitment to the practices of continuous improvement
– Ability to prioritise workload
– Ability (or willingness to learn) to create and adjust rotas as required
– Qualified to the level required by the SSSC with dual registration as a supervisor in housing support services and a care at home service, or willingness to work towards and to successfully complete qualification within the SSSC specified timeframe.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
– Experience in line managing staff in a care setting
About the Service:
We are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Support Worker for our St Leonards Adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Service.
Working as a team on a shift basis you will provide a variety of practical and emotional support to older people with learning disabilities and those affected by poor mental health in their own home and within the local community.
We offer a range of support in Edinburgh working in partnership to build trust to older people to live independently and be engaged in communities. We offer supported accommodation in Edinburgh with the goal to Identify personal outcomes and build on skills to support living well and living life together.
Shift work, weekend work and sleepovers may be a requirement of this role, sleepovers attract an additional payment. Flexible working arrangements are also available. These can be discussed at your interview.
PVG scheme membership and SSSC registration are requirements of this post.
if you wish to apply for this role, please send the application form to email@example.com