Who we are looking for
We are looking for a hard working and enthusiastic support worker to join our expanding team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about a career in social care who wants to gain valuable hands-on experience and enhance their skillset. Above all we want someone that shares in our values. Our mission is to provide positive, life changing support, delivered by inspiring, professional staff.
As a support worker, you will support people to achieve their ambitions and live as independent a life as possible both at home and in the community.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support that positively impacts the person we support’s health and wellbeing
- Contribute and implement support plans
- Be responsible for the delivery of all support and its administration, including personal care, tenancy support, health needs (including assistance with medication), personal development, emotional needs and inclusion.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Empathetic and Patient
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Ability to engage in continuous development, including formal learning
- Qualified to the level required by the SSSC as a support worker in a housing support service and care at home service, or a willingness to work towards and to successfully complete qualification within the SSSC specified timeframe.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- If you’re starting a career in social care, or are already working in social care but don’t have the qualifications just yet, we will support you to gain the appropriate qualifications needed to register without condition with the SSSC.
- We want to encourage our staff and their own personal development. Training will be provided to help you excel in your role. We offer funded SCQF levelled qualifications, such as SVQs and HNCs as part of your development plan.
About the Service
Our service provides physical, emotional and social support to people in their own homes, throughout the local community across Midlothian and East Lothian.
Working together we adopt a partnership, building trust and to develop an individual plan. Focusing on potential, building confidence and skills to meet the individual’s goals. Setting goals in partnership to support mental health and emotions, developing and building on skills whilst providing practical and day-today support to live independently. Help strengthen relationships with family, friends and their community.
We recognise that tailored support will vary according to individual’s needs and reflect this through the support that we offer. This can range from 24/7 support to less frequent engagement. Working together we support and build the essential everyday skills to live independently.
- Shift work, weekend work and sleepovers may be a requirement of this role. Flexible working arrangements are also available. These can be discussed at your interview.
- PVG scheme membership and SSSC registration are requirements of this post
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so please submit your application via our BreatheHR system as soon as possible:
If you experience any issues applying, please e-mail: email@example.com
The hiring manager is: Andrea Leadley, and she can be contacted at: Andrea.Leadley@withyou.support
We reserve the right to close the advert early.