Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support that positively impacts the person we support’s health and wellbeing
- Contribute and implement support plans
- Be responsible for the delivery of all support and its administration, including personal care, tenancy support, health needs (including assistance with medication), personal development, emotional needs and inclusion.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Empathetic and Patient
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Ability to engage in continuous development, including formal learning
- Qualified to the level required by the SSSC as a support worker in a housing support service and care at home service, or a willingness to work towards and to successfully complete qualification within the SSSC specified timeframe.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- If you’re starting a career in social care, or are already working in social care but don’t have the qualifications just yet, we will support you to gain the appropriate qualifications needed to register without condition with the SSSC.
- We want to encourage our staff and their own personal development. Training will be provided to help you excel in your role. We offer funded SCQF levelled qualifications, such as SVQs and HNCs as part of your development plan.
About the Service
We are currently recruiting an experienced Support Worker for our St Leonards Adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Service.
Working as a team on a shift basis you will provide a variety of practical and emotional support to older people with learning disabilities and those affected by poor mental health in their own home and within the local community.
We offer a range of support in Edinburgh working in partnership to build trust to older people to live independently and be engaged in communities. We offer supported accommodation in Edinburgh with the goal to Identify personal outcomes and build on skills to support living well and living life together.
- Shift work, weekend work and sleepovers may be a requirement of this role. Flexible working arrangements are also available. These can be discussed at your interview.
- PVG scheme membership and SSSC registration are requirements of this post.
- if you wish to apply for this role, please send the application form to email@example.com